Saturday, October 1, 2011

BP2 iGoogle PLE

I totally revamped my iGoogle since the month one assignment!

For my Home tab I added the required gadgets: Facebook and Twitter.  I also included:

  • Weather- So I know what to wear every morning in the crazy city of Chicago.  I can't believe Lake Michigan had surfing sized waves yesterday!
  • Gmail - So I can make a one stop look at the MILLION emails I receive a day!
  • Healthy Eating Tips - I eat healthy already, but I am always trying to find little tips to share with my family without them thinking I am trying to "change" them!
  • Fat Loss Tip of the Day - Now that summer break is over, I have gone from working out 6/7 days a week to only about 2.  I am mentally going crazy, but I don't have enough hours in the day!
  • I also kept the YouTube, Date & Time, and Simply Recipes gadgets on there for kicks and easy access.

For my FSO/AR tab, I created the Google/Email and Action Research box of links.  This tab is going to be so useful to have all of these links in one place.  I still don't understand how this Mac bookmarks things, because every time I think that I bookmark something, I can never find where it went.  I always end up saving a shortcut to my desktop and it is getting way too full!


For my Resources tab, I added the Google Reader gadget and Box of Links for ETC and Lynda.  I don't currently have any feeds in my Google Reader.  I also added the Sticky Notes gadget.  I live by Post-it notes, they are everywhere... on my desk, in my car, on my mirror, etc.  I thought this would be a great place for me to add little reminders about future assignments or links/information I want to note during Wimba sessions, blog readings, etc.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
K-

No comments:

Post a Comment